• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Classics Brugge-De Panne (20/3 and 21/3, 2024)

So, yeah. I decided to do a shared thread. Races are on different days, so no overlap in action.

I'm sure you all know the story by now: "Three Days of De Panne" became a One-Day race, a women's race - and a sportive, I think - were added to actually still have three days, and then they finally decided that calling it "Three Days of De Panne" was a bit silly.

Starlist Men:

Startlist Women:

48th Classic Brugge-De Panne (1.UWT) Brugge › De Panne (198.9km)

oxyclean-classic-brugge-de-panne-2024-result-profile-n2-de6eafbf51.jpg

7th Classic Brugge-De Panne WE (1.WWT) Brugge › De Panne (155km)

exterioo-classic-brugge-de-panne-we-2024-result-profile-n2-11d9b080e7.jpg

And here are the route info that are shared:

exterioo-classic-brugge-de-panne-we-2024-result-map-087ee4b6a9.jpg

oxyclean-classic-brugge-de-panne-2024-result-finish-4bbc096317.png

yeah, boring and with plenty of crashes, I guess.

Here's Het Nieuwsblad's star rating for today:

* **** Philipsen
**** Merlier, Jakobsen
*** Groenewegen, Thjijssen, Ackermann
** Bauhaus, Meeus, Consonni, Gaviria
* Démare, Pithie, de Kleijn, Menten, Mozzato

Not having Rickaert around will make things difficult for Philipsen though, I guess. And they may somehow have swapped Ackermann and de Kleijn ;)

edit: Bora has Welsford as well. No idea if they'll really go for Meeus

Did n't MVDP get blown into a ditch here a couple of years ago? If there's no wind, then my money's on a bunch sprint.
Yep. In 2020 when it was kinda the season closing. Lampaert won that year with a strong late attack.

Bram Welten caught himself up in the streetcar line and crashed last year as well.

But those were editions in rain & wind which were super exciting. Without those weather conditions it's just a sprint race.