• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 6, Grenoble - Poisy (178.5 km)

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 6, Grenoble - Poisy (178.5 km)

Profile:
hnz4XLY.png

Km 89.5 - Côte de la Bétaz - 1.5 km @ 4.4% - Cat. 4
Km 159.0 - Côte de Marcellaz-Albanais - 4.6 km @ 4.1% - Cat. 4
Km 171.0 - Côte de Ronzy - 1.7 km @ 6.3% - Cat. 4

Final kilometers:
PROFILKMS.png

Tricky final part (don't get too excited about the 15% part - it's only on 100 meters), can be quite interesting to see in the end. Could be a nice preparation for the Nancy and Oyonnax finales for the Tour.

Oh, and ASO will just go around one of the steepest french climbs. :(

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I really can't see this coming down to a sprint. The final is to hard, with gradients of 15%.

A breakaway again for the stage, or a puncheur like Gerrans, Moreno or someone else. Moreno dangerous for these kind of finishes.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Arredondo said:
I really can't see this coming down to a sprint. The final is to hard, with gradients of 15%.

A breakaway again for the stage, or a puncheur like Gerrans, Moreno or someone else. Moreno dangerous for these kind of finishes.
The 15% part is only on a short 100 meters stretch.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
And takes yellow :) and Froome fakes an injury and drops out :D

and definitely blames the gear. :D :D

somehow, i think this is another day for break though.
two battles, one for stage win, one for GC. no matter what happens, Kelderman will attack in that ramp.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Fdj has a shot here between Demare and Vichot. They will try to keep it together, it is their last chance for a victory in this Dauphine barring any freak break over the weekend

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Kelderman's continued good form has thrown a proverbial spanner in the works. Alberto has other problems besides Froome to worry about now. The two Grand Tour champs now have to contend with a young gun keen to make his mark. That last little ramp at the end of the stage might just provide an upset. Positioning, and timing ones last attack will be all important.

Promises to be a great finish, a miniature LBL

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Things are looking really ****ing dark for Taaramäe. Hasn't even updated his blog for last 2 days and from him, that's perhaps the scariest sign of anything. Really hope it's the stage 2 crash or just some random sickness...but these results last 4 days look awful familiar. Finished again in the last grupetto 30 mins down today..

mihhint said:
Things are looking really ****ing dark for Taaramäe. Hasn't even updated his blog for last 2 days and from him, that's perhaps the scariest sign of anything. Really hope it's the stage 2 crash or just some random sickness...but these results last 4 days look awful familiar. Finished again in the last grupetto 30 mins down today..

Oh, that's too bad. He's been so anonymous in this race I've barely noticed his results. I really enjoyed watching him in the Turkey race, where he was flying. Hope he's decided just to pull his head in and ride recovery in advance of the Tour (and the Estonian championships if he's riding those).