Honda InterNAVI issues. Please look inside.... *NOW WITH PICTURES TO ENJOY!*

Neova

For anybody who's reading this: I've found a Japanese site with what looks like a wiring diagram for the navigation box rear:

Modulation オデッセイRB メーカーオプション ナビã®カプラー

Needs translation but at least it should be fairly obvious for those who want to rip out the entire system and replace with something aftermarket.

Edited by mincemeat

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi there Zara, could you email me at doddsie69@hotmail.com so i can send you a picyure or 3 for you to translate.Regards Rob Dodds

I don't know a thing about vehicle electrics and wiring but I can read Japanese so if you're stuck on any language related issues juts post a picture and I can do a rough translation for you. Mind you many technical words will sound out of context though.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, my first post :-)

Just got a 2006 Odyssey RB1 and I have an Anycar 1080B to install. I have spent quite a while trying to find here/youtube/anywhere how to remove the lower dash to get access to the DVD/HDD unit, so I can plug the anycar into the CD changer port, but I haven't managed to find anything. My car has the built in interNAVI in the upper part, but I think I only need to access the DVD/HSS unit lower down, right?

Any guidance about how to remove the lower dash or otherwise access the unit to plug into the CD changer port would be most appreciated. cheers!

EDITED : managed to get the lower dash off without breaking anything. Installed the anycar link into the CD changer port. Works a treat, music over bluetooth/aux sounds really good and the handsfree works well too, quite impressed. Also (as dcase suggests below) pulled out the GPS antenna cable (lower left connector when looking at rear of unit), and changed the time using the steps in another thread here.

Edited by iamspark

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my "new" 2004 Handa Odyssey on Weds afternoon. I got it from Paul Kelly's. It has only done 68k.

It has the InterNavi premium club GPS/Stereo system. I found out how to get the radio stations ... PK's fitted it with a band expander. I also could play CD's and also songs on the hard drive - the previous Japanese owner obviously liked easy listening g songs from 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's (all in English) which suits me. I also found out how the reversion camera worked. My remaining bugbears were the GPS, Bluetooth connectivity and resting the time. I was told (and reading on several forums confirmed) that these issues could not be addressed. I have a Tom Tom GPS that does Bluetooth so decided that will do & decided to live with the time not being correct.

Anyway went to PK's today to get a USB charge connection added to the dash on the drivers doors side (for the Tom Tom to connect into .... didn't want wires going across the face of the dash. Happened to mention to Stu the technician about a process for resetting the clock that I got from the Malaysian Honda forum .... it involved several steps with one being to put tinfoil above the GPS antenna. Anyway Stu decided it was easier to just disconnect the GPS antenna (it has not caused an issue with any other function); then he rest the clock. All works perfectly and I have the correct time.

Another bonus was I found what I thought to be sonar in the front is actually two forward cameras (left and right) and they now come up automatically (just like the reversing camera) when I am stopped or doing extremely low speed).

PK's also had a large pile of stereos - many people get them replaced when they buy from PK's ... so guess they could be useful to contact if you need to replace an InterNavi.

Anyway I am stoked with mine although would still love to get my hands on an English version of the manual.

• 2 months later...
Hey Does anyone know how to get the 2005 Navi screen off test mode?

Sorry I would load a photo but can't figure out how.

I'm experiencing all the problems above but just don't know where to start!!

Hey mate. Is your model the one with factory navigation? If not I can supply a brand new unit with touch screen. Plug and play.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out that BMW site and it seems they can only do NZ map GPS upgrades for DVD based Navigation systems. Since the Odyssey Internavi is HD (hard drive) based and inbuilt into the system, I don't think it would be able to work to changeover from Japanese to NZ maps...unfortunately. I hope someone proves me wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi if this helps anyone else I'll be glad.

After reading thru this post i have successfully disconnected the gps aerial in my Odyssey (bottom left hand white connector on rear of HDD/DVD unit) and reset the clock according to the instructions linked to earlier in the thread. So dont be afraid to do it. pull the lower cover off, there was only some click link things holding it on maybe 1 screw on RH side in pull out compartment. unscrewed the 4 mounting screws of HDD/DVD unit and pull it out to access the connectors. easy and i didnt break anything which the wife will be happy about!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey mate. Is your model the one with factory navigation? If not I can supply a brand new unit with touch screen. Plug and play.

Hi

I have 04 model with factory fitted system, but the screen is blank. reading through the forum i have no hope of getting this fixed. Is there any aftermarket unit that would fit in 2.4L 2004 model?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I have 04 model with factory fitted system, but the screen is blank. reading through the forum i have no hope of getting this fixed. Is there any aftermarket unit that would fit in 2.4L 2004 model?

What is your vehicle's model?

Is there lights on the buttons around the SatNav system?

Did you check the fuses to see that it isn't blown?

It is either has blown fuse or just have disconnected cable to the screen at the back of the unit. Just take it out and have a check.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys, My first post.

I see that there are a few posts on the subject of the Odyssey Internavi System. I have just purchase a 2005 Absolute with this system fitted. Awesome sound system and I like the fact that the CD track's are listed on the screen (Nice seeing English instead of Japanese!!).

My system works fine but Just a point of interest for Neova & macjaq and to back up what tanglewoods was saying:

Looking under my cover at the HDD panel that is screwed in, if I use my finger nail to try and lift it up (screws still in place) the system stops and reboots meaning that the contact's behind are very sensitive. You guys might want to look into this area for your intermitten on/off problems.

Can anyone help with the fact that it's narrow band radio? Looking at your pictures Neova I see that it doesn't have the standard aerial plug to allow for a band expander. Just the GPS aerial plug or can this be expanded through menus (language issues again)

Has anyone tried this to change the clock as per this post

RB1 Odyssey with InterNavi Clock Change~

And has anyone used / fitted as mentioned in the above post one of these?? Anycar Link Range - Anycar Link Online Store

Neova. The spare white plug on your DVD/HDD looks excatly the same :)

I changed my clock using the above link and it does indeed work. Just remember to leave the tinfoil on or it will reconnect to the sat and reset the clock :)

• 2 months later...
I don't know a thing about vehicle electrics and wiring but I can read Japanese so if you're stuck on any language related issues juts post a picture and I can do a rough translation for you. Mind you many technical words will sound out of context though.

Hi Zara, Can you help me in translating some Japanese? I am trying to pair my cars bluetooth with my phone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2004 Odyssey with an InterNAVI system, all Japanese language of course so I fumbled my way through and figured some things out, but this forums been especially helpful so I thank you for that, especially resetting the clock to NZ time!

I managed to figure out the music stored on the HDD, there were about 50 albums already on it, all in Asian so not my cup of tea, I deleted these and started from scratch, really love this feature, no need to store CD's in the car any more, great. I did take some photos and sent them off to an associate in Osaka who kindly translated them for me, I hope the following is beneficial to someone:

Translation requested:

プレイリスト         PLAY LIST

トラックリスト        TRACK LIST

音質調整 SOUND QUALITY ADJUSTMENT

機能設定 FUNCTION SETTING

æ–°è¦Âプレイリスト作戠MAKING NEW PLAY LIST

消去 DELETE

編集(情報å–得) EDIT (GETTING INFORMATION)

アーティストåÂÂã‹ら探ãÂâ„¢ SEARCH BY ARTIST’S NAME

プレイリストå†Âçâ€Å¸Ã©Â â€ Ã¥Â¤â€°Ã¦â€ºÂ´ CHANGE PLAY LIST’S PLAYBACK ORDER

プレイリストå†Âçâ€Å¸Ã¤Â¸Â許å¯ PROHIBIT PLAY LIST’S PLAYBACK

トラック追加 ADD TRACK