Komodo tortoise diet?

THEADEMARCO

Location (City and/or State)
London
Is this okay to mix into my tortoises food once per day? The instructions say it should be fed in the morning and evening but im not sure if this is just a ploy to make you buy more quicker.

Attachments

• 20231005_195223.jpg
    20231005_195223.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20231005_195208.jpg
    20231005_195208.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

LudusPlus

Sheffield
Hiya, I have this. My tortoise isn't at all interested in it and I don't really see anything beneficial in the ingredients, as don't many people on the forum.

It isn't harmful though and some tortoises love it. I tried everything and it goes ignored lol.

LudusPlus

Sheffield
Also I'd probably only use it a couple times a week and try your best to find the correct diet the other days without supplementing. The last thing you want is to be dependant on pellets and supplements.

The winter could be hard though so if your tortoise likes them it's good for you lol.

THEADEMARCO

London
Okay, thanks. I will feed a couple times in the week and see how he likes it.

Shelynaomi

USA
Mixing it once a day should be fine, but remember, tortoises have different dietary needs. I used to give mine a mix but mostly stuck to their recommended schedule.

THEADEMARCO

London
Thanks. I have sprinkled over the usual diet, but my tortoise kind of just ignores them. I'm not worried about this because he has a varied diet anyway, but if you know how to make him more interested in them then it would be appreciated!

Shelynaomi

USA
Mixing it once a day should be fine, but remember, tortoises have different dietary needs. I used to give mine a mix but mostly stuck to their recommended schedule.
They're slow eaters, so don't rush it! If you need more tips, check this blog - Tortoise Owner. I hope that helps you!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Is this okay to mix into my tortoises food once per day? The instructions say it should be fed in the morning and evening but im not sure if this is just a ploy to make you buy more quicker.
Hi, I mix and keep in a smaller container near the calcium powder. I only provide 5 or 6 granuals with fresh leaves AM only as I only feed once a day and hydrate in water.

THEADEMARCO

London
Today I put a few on his weeds and to my amazement when I checked on him 30minutes later they were actually gone! Not sure what made him decide to eat them today, but I did make them a lot more moist than usual so maybe that's just his preference.