• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new pair of Apistogramma Cacatuoides Orange Flash juveniles

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Just picked this pair up this week male looks a bit thin and pale and wouldn't eat for a few days but have slowly got him to accept bloodworm and now BBS so hope to get him into condition soon :)

fish 004.jpg
fish 008.jpg
fish 013.jpg
fish 021.jpg

Psycho74

5 Year Member
He's a nice colour, & she looks ready to breed. Do you have a few caves in the tank?

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Yes she's colouring up nicely after feeding BBS - lots of activity between the pair and yes I have 2 coconut caves although the male has taken up an area around the filter / under a blanket of floating plants as his favourite spot.

davidjp1982

Donating Member
And do you think he really looks a good colour? To me he seems very washed out and pale with no definite lateral line. A lot paler than other Orange Flash that I have seen.

Psycho74

5 Year Member
He may colour up a little more when he becomes more settled. I have a trio of triple reds.

davidjp1982

Donating Member
He may colour up a little more when he becomes more settled. I have a trio of triple reds.

That's what I am hoping - it's only his third day in the tank - really glad to see him going nuts over the BBS - was really worried when he wouldn't eat.

Psycho74

5 Year Member
Is your water soft? I add an Indian almond leaf from time to time.
Have found in particular the male sometimes goes off bloodworms as he spits them out, and then the next day he'll gobble them up!

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Tap water is slightly hard here - always struggled to get PH to drop under 7.2.

I have about 15 alder cones and 5 oak leaves in at present (15 gallons).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….