• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Neolamprologus Helianthus

Leffler817

CCA Members
Does anyone have a group or kept these guys before? I saw a pair once at H.O.T. but didn't have tank space at the time. I see Dave's Fish has them in stock. The ones at H.O.T. were a very rich orange like N. Leleupi but most pictures online show them to have a less saturated orange color.

n-helianthus2.JPG

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Shawn,

I kept them back in the day :)

They're much like brichardi in attitude and behavior.

The color is more rusty than orange like a leleupi. I'd imagine that foods high in carotenoids (sp?) like krill could bring out the color.

Mine were in a 2'x2'x1' with a pile of rocks...

Matt

Does anyone have a group or kept these guys before? I saw a pair once at H.O.T. but didn't have tank space at the time. I see Dave's Fish has them in stock. The ones at H.O.T. were a very rich orange like N. Leleupi but most pictures online show them to have a less saturated orange color.

n-helianthus2.JPG

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I've seen them before and known people who've kept them, but haven't kept them myself. One of the many variants in the 'bricardi' complex. I think their common or trade name is "Sunflower." They are, or at least can be more of an orange color, but probably similar to leleupi, in the sense that substrate type and diet can play a key factor. I'm sure quality of strain makes a difference too.

You can't go wrong with Dave's fish though! He is offering free shipping to the ECC NJ event next weekend if you're planning to make that trip. I think I've seen these some through the auction before, but its been a while, and I wouldn't have any idea who put them in. Would be cool to have something different in the club though. Post some pics if you pull the trigger (can I say that on a public forum?:()

turfboss

Members
Michael - better be careful - when they interrogate a 5 year old for 3 hours and threaten her with the possibility she could go to prison for her bubblegum gun (which she did not even have with her) - talking about pulling the trigger - quoted out of context - could - with the stupidity of what is going on now - land you in jail.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I was planning for those when I started my next tank. Thanks for identifying them for me. They have a pair of really beautiful ones in the mixed tank next to Towanda at HOT.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app