Gonocephalus Chamaeleontinus

ruru

Has anyone ever heard of Gonocephalus Chamaeleontinus, or agamids? Does anyone on the forum keep these guys? lol i m just now learning about these, they are amazing looking!!! i think i found my second favorite reptile! haha other then chameleons of course...im thinking about doing some research and learning up on these guys and see if i can find someone who is reputable and consider keeping one?? :eek:

agamid.jpg

G. chamaeleontinus come from Malaysia I believe (agamid is not the name of the lizard, it is the order of lizard they belong to), we had them a while back where I work. They like it very warm and humid and are also quite territorial. Pretty similar chameleons actually.

Edit: please give credit to the owner of that photo.

For a minute I thought it was a photoshop job for a goof but I googled it. Can't believe I have not seen these before. Pretty cool looking lizard.

G. chamaeleontinus come from Malaysia I believe (agamid is not the name of the lizard, it is the order of lizard they belong to), we had them a while back where I work. They like it very warm and humid and are also quite territorial. Pretty similar chameleons actually.

Edit: please give credit to the owner of that photo.
ive been reading that they are more territorial and temperamental then chams, and that they are kept similar, are they kept & bred often in the us?
i found the photo on google.

For a minute I thought it was a photoshop job for a goof but I googled it. Can't believe I have not seen these before. Pretty cool looking lizard.

thats what im saying! haha i at first thought it was photoshopped too b.c of the veiled coloring but nope! these guys are really awesome looking! i cant wait to read more about these guys!

We HAD a male and female pair of WC Gonocephalus Grandis for about 2 years. The male is pictured . They where total spazs. We decided to sell them. After they where sold we cleaned out the tank and found 3 eggs!!!! After incubating them one hatched...a little female. She is now 10 months old and is also a little spaz like her parents.

We currently have a pair of Gonocephalus Belli (Bells Angle Head Lizards) They have pink and purple throats. They are smaller than the Grandis. (Male and female pictured) We have gotten a few batched of eggs but none have hatched..

Attachments

• deagon 2.jpg
    deagon 2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 528
  • Male and Female Belli.jpg
    Male and Female Belli.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 405
We HAD a male and female pair of WC Gonocephalus Grandis for about 2 years. The male is pictured . They where total spazs. We decided to sell them. After they where sold we cleaned out the tank and found 3 eggs!!!! After incubating them one hatched...a little female. She is now 10 months old and is also a little spaz like her parents.

We currently have a pair of Gonocephalus Belli (Bells Angle Head Lizards) They have pink and purple throats. They are smaller than the Grandis. (Male and female pictured) We have gotten a few batched of eggs but none have hatched..

hehe well after i learn more i know who to come to for help if i ever needed it :p
them guys are all equally amazing! i havent heard of those, looks like i have a bunch of new species to look into! i love how they look! bright colors and unique characteristics!

Back
Top Bottom