Telmatochromis Burgeoni

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
Anyone have these? If so what are they like?

6783139.jpg

Cheers. :)

Tell me about it mate. I was crouched watching them for about 10 minutes! My knees were killing!!! lol. Very interesting little fishies!! Trust me to like something that i can hardly find any info on other than they grow about 3-4 inches and require a ph of around 8 along with very hard water. lol.

Very aggressive little shelly. They live in caves aswell as in shells hence the name 'Temporalis Shell'. I take it you saw them in wharf? how much were they?

Very aggressive little shelly. They live in caves aswell as in shells hence the name 'Temporalis Shell'. I take it you saw them in wharf? how much were they?

Yes mate, they were £6.95 each or 2 for £12.00

I think you would need a big tank to have a group of them though, from what I saw both the dominant male and female were aggressive towards everything that came near them and they didn't even have fry so they must be a nightmare when they have spawned.

Have you got them?

Thanks for the link btw! :good:

Cool shellie, , , be nice to see more of them on the scene,,,, sorry to hijack but was wondring of anyone has seen these ?
A variant perhaps ?

5506678858_22894151de_b.jpg

5506085641_4047b46cb3_b.jpg

5506080109_01b15f87be_b.jpg

5472318985_6eeda66b61_b.jpg

5506684066_fcd343a068_b.jpg

Cheers, Sean

Unsure mate, they sure have the same mouth and teeth! They don't seem to have the same 'lump head' though? Do you know what it is?

Unsure mate, they sure have the same mouth and teeth! They don't seem to have the same 'lump head' though? Do you know what it is?

Stumbled upon them on a couple of forums, just seen them named as "orange scribble", they look mean, I would be interested in getting these, probably mean buying another tank though :lol:

Stumbled upon them on a couple of forums, just seen them named as "orange scribble", they look mean, I would be interested in getting these, probably mean buying another tank though :lol:

They're the same family by the looks of it, and they have a common name which is a god send. When people ask me about them i have to keep saying yeah telmatochromis burgeoni... :look:

Thinking of going to get a pair.

I think you would need a big tank to have a group of them though, from what I saw both the dominant male and female were aggressive towards everything that came near them and they didn't even have fry so they must be a nightmare when they have spawned.

Have you got them?

Thanks for the link btw! :good:

I havent mate no. I looked into them but i wanted a calmer fish. They look cool though. Well if you can spot a pair forming in the tank then it would prob save you some hassle. Shelldweller forum could be a good shout as not a lot of people seem to have them.

Hey Bulit, thanks for the advice on the shelldwellers forum, i will check it out! Thinking of going for them at the weekend.

Forgot to update this post, i went back to Wharf Aquatics and got the pair i mentioned from the tank that seemed to be the bosses. The female soon lost most of her colour when the shopkeeper put the net in. lol. Managed to get her though which is a bonus. They spent their first night in the cave that is in there and the biggest of the fairies was just sat there watching it... lights out. Lights on... the Burgeoni have quickly occupied the bottom of the tank and the Fairies have some competition. A competition that they seem to be loosing at the moment as they are more towards the lower mid level now. I need to add some more rockwork and a few more plants along with a couple of other caves somewhere. I have placed a homemade coconut shell cave in there but the Burgeoni keep flitting from one to the other even though they're on either side of the tank.

Will try and snap some pictures of them later on and post them up. Really liking their head shapes, very much like something that some of the american cichlids get.

Cheers.

Most reactions

Back