help me setup my personal 2ft/2ft and 1.5ft high tank , and recommend some fishes i can keep.

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
Indian > west bengal > kolkata
due to my financial problem i sold all my aquariums and fish, now i have just 2ft/2ft and 1.5ft high tank i am planning to keep it as my personal, but i am confused what to keep, can you help me to chose the perfect fish for my aquarium ?
i am from india kolkata (you can check the weather conditions)
tank details :- 44 gallon / 169 liters / 2ft long 2ft wide 1.5 ft height (1 ft=12 inch).
fish should be :-
1. single fish or a pair, or a colony of 4-6 fish
2. attractive
3. highly active
4. too much hardy , can tolerate any situation and survive
5. most importantly low cost and low budget

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If it were me, I'd keep a shoal Etroplus canarensis (the banded chromide), from the Karnataka region of India with maybe some local barbs or rasboras as dither fish.
The Etroplus stay small enough for that size tank, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are available locally.

Another choice might be the other Indaian endemic cichlid, Etroplus maculates (the orange chromide).

Last edited:
Reactions: celebrist

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
RE POST

due to my financial problem i sold all my aquariums and fish, now i have just 2ft/2ft and 1.5ft high tank i am planning to keep it as my personal, but i am confused what to keep, can you help me to chose the perfect fish for my aquarium ?
tank details :- 44 gallon / 169 liters / 2ft long 2ft wide 1.5 ft height (1 ft=12 inch).
2. attractive
3. highly active

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
RE POST

2. attractive
3. highly active

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
RE POST

2. attractive
3. highly active

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Can I safely assume, tolerate any situation means as little water change as possible? Lol

Get a betta

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store