Synodontis Njassae, Bergenfield, NJ, Pick Up Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrpln03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Bergenfield NJ
He's 8 years old and about 7 inches. He has the best markings I've ever seen on this species. This catfish comes from Lake Malawi in Africa and is said to be the only catfish that can coexist with Lake Malawi Chiclids. These are rare catfish and the ones you do see are usually wild caught and much smaller. I'll take $75 for him.

oshp132

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2006
N/E Ohio
Even as a hybrid, that is one beautiful cat.....Nicer than the pics I've found of the Synodontis Njassae.

mstrpln03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Bergenfield NJ
Thanks, the pics don't even do him justice. I was going to set up a planted tank with him and a couple of chiclids , but I got bit by the saltwater bug and now have 2 reef tanks and an aggressive fish tank. I may still set up a planted tank for him but I figured I would try selling him first.

mstrpln03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Bergenfield NJ
OK, I've spoken to all the experts on planetcatfish and the consensus is: This is not a Synododontis Nsjassae, the best ID I can get is it looks like it could be a Hybrid Synodontis Ocellifer. That's the best answer. I've been examining pics of Synodontis Ocellifer and the differences, to my eye are coloration (he's more brown) and the tail markings are different.

That said he's still a gorgeous, large Syno and I've decided that if he doesn't sell I am setting up a Rift Lake tank.

Sorry for the confusion, I myself was misinformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store