Cultivated Reef

Marco Rocks

Dasani

Anyone ever bought any rock from these guys? I want to do a Bonsai scape, kind of like this:

NOT MY TANK

IMG_3984.jpg

I was thinking about getting The 40lb key largo dry rock and 40lb aragonite sand combo.

Does anyone know if the rock is just like big round pieces or branchy or what?

I may also e-mail them and see if I can get about 3 pieces of key largo shelf rock for branches.

I plan to put them together usuing aquarium silicone, zip ties, and maybe a combo of loctite putty and superglue gel.

Just need some reviews and/or pics if you have ordered from them.

Thanks B)

I bought from reef cleaners last time and its the same as marco I have a old review on his rocks.

If I was to do it again I would go with BRS because they have 4 types and would like more verity

chucktdbm321

I bought from BRS. I would highly recommend them. a little more expensive but totally worth it. Doesn't look like cheap base rock like other dry rock sellers

I didn't even think about BRS. My LFS sells dry rock for $2.39/lb but its like all powerdery and doesnt look that great. Only thing is BRS is out of shelf rock :/

I think I'll get 40lbs of the cheaper base rock and 10 lbs of shelf rock.

chucktdbm321

i think i got the premium figi??? something like that. Anyways, the main reason i suggest BRS is because I asked for very specific pieces, pieces that are about a fist size and that were around the size of a brick and they did that exactly. And they were even seperated in bags with the different size pieces. Also they always through in a couple extra pounds.

You add those ^ comments in the special note box when you order.

Timely thread for me!

Was looking at the 40/40 pack for a restart of my RSM.

With the comments here, feeling good about the rock, not so good about the sand.

Let us know what you decide to do - I'll be watching to see if anyone has sand suggestions.

CosmicAquatics

Im always happy to throw out a good word for Marc, I really like his rock and he is a cool guy to deal with. With all of the other dry rock suppliers out there Marc is IMO the most consistent.

I bought rock from both Marco rock and BRS. They both have great rock. The problem you are going to encounter is that you have a specific look that you are going for. That is very hard when you can't "hand pick" the rock. I did the exact same thing. I knew the look that I wanted with my scape and ordered a variety of rock. I ended up having to place a second order and tell the supplier (it was BRS this time) what kind of shapes/sizes I needed. Even then I didn't get exactly what I needed.

I wanted the same sort of upside down rock look. I got great rock on my second order but still wasn't able to get my design perfect.

Not wanting to be a downer. Just make you aware that it's not necessarily the vendors rock that is the issue. Good luck and have fun with your design :D

Archived