Mixing Core7 reef supp with Core7 triton?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AQUAM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeking help from @Tim@Triton and experienced Triton users!!!

I've been dosing core7 other method on a triton-capable system. The system has been running beautifully on reef supplements for 6 month. When I ordered a new batch of core7 reef supplements I was sent a set of core7 triton method by mistake. Could I add the triton method solution directly to my dosing containers (each has ~200ml other method solution left), thus 'switch to triton method' from other method?
1.png

2.png

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that the only difference between the Core7 and the Core 7 Other Methods is bottle 1. Bottles 2, 3a and 3b are exactly the same.

OP
OP
AQUAM

AQUAM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that the only difference between the Core7 and the Core 7 Other Methods is bottle 1. Bottles 2, 3a and 3b are exactly the same.
Thanks! So now my question is, are 'triton method' bottle 1 and 'other method' bottle 1 mixable?

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think bottle 1 just has extra in it to feed the macroalgae in the full Triton method refugium, so I don't see why not but I would refer to Tim on that one.

OP
OP
AQUAM

AQUAM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My refugium is already thriving without the algae boosting elements in triton core7, would switching from other method to triton method be an 'overshoot' and cause nuisance algae in the tank? The tank has been nuisance algae free since initial cycling finished, I don't want to risk changing to chemistry too much and bring back the gha/bha. @Tim@Triton

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AQUAM your tank looks great and a really professional filtration cabinet! You are perfectly safe mixing Core7 Reef Supplements components with their corresponding Core7 Base Elements components. You will not develop any imbalances if it is only used one time. I am curious, where the mix up occurred, PM me where you purchased the sets.

OP
OP
AQUAM

AQUAM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed the Base elements Core 7 (1000ml) with the remaining corresponding Reef Supplement Core 7 (~200ml). Can report mixing is safe - no cloudiness, no precipitation.
Will observe any changes on the system as a result of the ‘switch’.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 95 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back