radianthus spp. anemone ???

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

My LFS owner sent me a picture of these "purple flat anemone" he is getting in after I had asked him about getting some Rock flower anemones. I am having a hard time finding any information on the radianthus spp. anemone and hope someone here can shed some light on what they are and how easy are they to care for.

I have a 120 reef tank with 4 BTA (1 green and at least 3 rose), many blue mushrooms, some leather corals and kenya tree corals. Will the radianthus spp. anemone get along with the rest of my gang? I also have a falco hawkfish, a coral beauty, a bangii cardinal, blue tang, yellow tang, lawnmower blenny, skunk clown (looking to get 2 oscellaris clowns to replace the skunk) and a female blue chin trigger. Any potential problems with adding these "purple flat anemones"??

Tnanks for any insight.

Troy

308096631_3245285212360410_937346436249779600_n.jpg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s most likely a purple sebae (heteractis crispa) from the Philippines. They are one of the more difficult anemone species. Should be fine with your stocking list.

OP
OP
TroyClark

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s most likely a purple sebae (heteractis crispa) from the Philippines. They are one of the more difficult anemone species. Should be fine with your stocking list.
Thanks for the info. I think I will pass on it. I'm not confident enough to gamble with its life.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radianthus is an old, no longer used name. These are either H. malu or H. crispa. Malu are smaller sand anemones while Crispa are larger anemones. They are both relatively easy to care for.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back