ToW 6-9-14: Topic of the week - AIO Jellyfish tanks...awesome or gimmicky?

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like "nemofication" not so much the act as the word. God work.

Jellies aren't for everybody, they require very strict husbandry. Although, the tank featured in that article is rather nifty.

Last edited:

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"nemofication" = :lol:

Great idea for a jelly setup, but it should come with a label that states just how complicated this type of system can be. It's not just plug and play and drop some jelly's in. It's shows like "Tanked" and certain items on the shelves at the local stores that give the hobby a bad rap as they don't fully explain all that is needed to make an aquarium actually work and be successful. Hence the fall out rate of hobbyists in this hobby.

Cool design and idea though...

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"nemofication" = :lol:

Great idea for a jelly setup, but it should come with a label that states just how complicated this type of system can be. It's not just plug and play and drop some jelly's in. It's shows like "Tanked" and certain items on the shelves at the local stores that give the hobby a bad rap as they don't fully explain all that is needed to make an aquarium actually work and be successful. Hence the fall out rate of hobbyists in this hobby.

Cool design and idea though...

I agree with this.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back