Tropic Marin Part C for trace with BRS 2 part

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m going crazy, but I’m 99% sure BRS has a video showing how to mix up Tropic Marin Part C to be dosed in conjunction with BRS 2 part. For the life of me I can’t find it or the amount of Part C to add to a gallon of RO to match the BRS dosing amounts. Anyone have the recipe or a link to this video you could share?

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be it

I've watched nearly all the BRS videos, but didn't re-watch this one. You can do that.

OP
OP
F

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @RobZilla04. I'll rewatch. I though there was a quick overview video Randy did on this subject. I'll let you know if I find my answer in this video.

OP
OP
F

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'll re-watch this video. I had though there was a short 3min video covering only this topic. I'll rewatch this video and let you know if I find the info I'm after.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the screen shot, I would have also sworn there was a video on this specifically/alone but I can't find it either.

That part is just after 24 minutes into the video

edolan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are looking for the video on Fauna Marin

On the BRS website it looks like these products have changed a little and they are on clearance.

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone that use this method noticed an increase in their salinity?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m going crazy, but I’m 99% sure BRS has a video showing how to mix up Tropic Marin Part C to be dosed in conjunction with BRS 2 part. For the life of me I can’t find it or the amount of Part C to add to a gallon of RO to match the BRS dosing amounts. Anyone have the recipe or a link to this video you could share?

Tropic Marin Part C is mostly magnesium and sulfate. My DIY (the BRS two part) already incorporates these in appropriate amounts if you use all three parts as instructed, so it wouldn't be my recommended approach to use the Tropic Marin product in this context.

Seminoles76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Part C is mostly magnesium and sulfate. My DIY (the BRS two part) already incorporates these in appropriate amounts if you use all three parts as instructed, so it wouldn't be my recommended approach to use the Tropic Marin product in this context.
Thanks Randy. I am currently using BRS two part and dosing magnesium as well. I just put part c on a fourth doser. Am I understanding you correctly in that you do not recommend this? Thanks so much.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy. I am currently using BRS two part and dosing magnesium as well. I just put part c on a fourth doser. Am I understanding you correctly in that you do not recommend this? Thanks so much.

Part C contains magnesium. If you dose both magnesium and Part C, you are double-dosing the magnesium.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone answered but it's called "its finally here, bulk trace elements" and theres a follow up vid on mistakes. If you're using brs 2 part.. its FOUR scoops part C per gallon. I just cant find an answer of WHEN it's best to dose part C. Near or before after constant 24/7 small daily doses of alk or cal.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone answered but it's called "its finally here, bulk trace elements" and theres a follow up vid on mistakes. If you're using brs 2 part.. its FOUR scoops part C per gallon. I just cant find an answer of WHEN it's best to dose part C. Near or before after constant 24/7 small daily doses of alk or cal.

Timing doesn't matter much, but constant cannot be worse than less frequent. Once a week is likely perfectly adequate.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timing doesn't matter much, but constant cannot be worse than less frequent. Once a week is likely perfectly adequate.
Just wanted to make sure it wont cause any chemistry issues if I dose same time or right after my brs 2part maintenance mix mag or all or cal precipitation issues of cross dosing times. Thnx!

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you still dose part c with out doing the 2 part?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you still dose part c with out doing the 2 part?

What would be the purpose?

Unless you are using calcium chloride and sodium bicarbonate/carbonate/hydroxide for calcium and alkalinity, it would not seem like a optimal solution to some sort of water issue.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant imagine adding Over Half a Gallon of anything at once..
Just seems odd... but its correct...correct? .. part C... is dosed at double the soda ash daily dose. .so 180 ml a day..Ash.. = 360ml part C
= 2520 ml / week = 10.5 cups/.66 Gal
Seems so strange to call something supplemental, but then btw, the main thing you dose the most of ... double that , and dose much of this extra piece of the puzzle.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back