We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: October 2019  (Read 9721 times)

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: October 2019
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »
I did manage to get a photo of the foliage and I turned one leaf
The flowers looked a bit tired maybe lack of sun and a bit of rain
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

ian mcdonald

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
Joakim, I can,t find a plant which matches. Perhaps it is an alien. Maybe seeds, if any, would be a clue. It looks similar to the solanum family.

Roma

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2019, 10:46:25 PM »
Here is Malva moschata in my garden.  I was going to copy 654416-0the picture to crop and resize but Office Picture Manager would not cooperate. Will try again tomorrow.
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Roma

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2019, 02:12:32 PM »
Found some older pictures and after a computer crash and restart am now able to copy photos.

Malva moschata alba

Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2019, 03:08:14 PM »
I have not seen any other Malva flowering now and I think they are almost gone done for rest
It does not look solanum to me but very Malva and in the first picture of the second posting by Roma there are leaves that are similar. On the Malva moschata alba
It might not be alien but for sure hybrids if it came from a garden as it is not a normal Swedish October plant.
I tried to find "normal summer flowering Malva in my parents garden but could not see them. Maybe due to it was too dark as well.
I will look to see if it sets seeds :) If so I will update with the seed photo
Thanks for Your inputs
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal